Get Assistance with the Probate Process—Contact a Probate Lawyer Near St. Louis, MO and the Surrounding Areas
What is the Probate Process Like?
Probate is the process through which a will is proved to be valid and the decedent’s assets are distributed. The general process is as follows:
- The will be examined in order to make sure it is authentic.
- An executor will be appointed (generally named in the will).
- The executor will locate the deceased’s assets and determine which ones need to go through probate.
- The executor will determine the value of the assets and notify any creditors of the deceased’s passing.
- All outstanding debts and necessary taxes will be paid.
- The remaining estate will be distributed to the beneficiaries listed in the will.
The probate process can be somewhat intimidating to those who haven’t been through it before. A probate lawyer such as Mr. Inskip can help guide you through the process, taking some of the stress off your shoulders.
An Attorney Who Will Help Make Sure Your Loved One’s Wishes Are Upheld
There are times when a will may be contested. For example, perhaps the will was changed before your loved one’s passing, and one family member believes that it was done so under coercion. In cases like these, probate litigation will be necessary. As your probate litigation attorney, Mr. Inskip will fight vigorously to protect the last wishes of your departed loved one. He is able to provide assistance to anyone near:
- St. Louis, MO
- Richmond Heights, MO
- Webster Groves, MO
- Affton, MO
- Crestwood, MO
- Maplewood, MO
- Marlborough, MO
- Shrewsbury, MO
- …and throughout St. Louis County
When you need assistance from a probate litigation lawyer, consider giving Mr. Inskip a call. Contact him today for your free consultation.